We spent another night at Nana and Papa's house last night. It's become a Wednesday routine this month so that I can make it to my dentist appointments. The kids have really enjoyed being able to spend time there. They made smores last night. They've got it good.
Today we messed around with some stop motion photography when we came home. It's another one of the kids' big passions right now. Big Girl has made many many of these short films on her "cell phone"/app. machine. She's getting pretty good at it, but she's frustrated that she can't add sound and play around with other features. I bought her a book on Amazon, for beginners, that links up with software and the ability to use a simple web cam to do some pretty fun stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with. Big Guy can't resist learning and playing around with it, too! It's a lot of fun to see their creations.
Tomorrow we're heading to a gem and rock class/demonstration. The kids have always been really interested in this topic, so I think they'll really enjoy it. We shall see. Then off to the park to hang with some friends.
The kids have been really happy lately. I can't argue with that. They've even been extra nice to each other and have been caught participating in little acts of kindness to one another and the family as a whole. I have witnessed household chores being done without a single word from me or Big Fella. Wow! The more I follow their leads, and remember to be mindful of my words and actions, the more it all comes together. Flexibility is key, and not the yoga kind of flexibility...I still stink at that kind. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment